The steam-roller known as AMARANTHE continues to roll on relentlessly. In 2014 many were wondering how and if they could top the previous successes of their self-titled debut album (2011) and their sohpomore effort 'The Nexus'. In October 2014, those questions were answered with 'MASSIVE ADDICTIVE' which instantly charted in six countries, and even reached number one on the Billboard heatseekers charts. The lead single 'Drop Dead Cynical' reached far wider and higher than any previous AMARANTHE single, and stayed several weeks at the top of USA's premier rock station, Sirius XM Octane, and had massive airplay all around the world.
The perfectly executed modern metal which is 'MASSIVE ADDICTIVE' was once again genre-transcending, forward looking - and most importantly it was daringly innovative for AMARANTHE. The tremendous reception of the album led to an extensive world tour of over 100 shows, visiting the USA two times so far, a tour in Europe, Japan and numberless single shows - and they show no sign of slowing down any time yet.
It has just recently been revealed that AMARANTHE are working on a follow-up to 2014's 'MASSIVE ADDICTIVE', to be released at an unspecified time in 2016. Nothing has been revealed about the album so far - but without any shadow of a doubt we can expect the biggest choruses and the catchiest hooks to ever roll out from the unstoppable AMARANTHE hit factory!
• 3 album released with a total sale of over 250 000 items worldwide;
• 3 golddiscs in Sweden for 20 000 cd-singles each;
• 4 European tours and 4 US tours in 4 years. The 4 last tours as headline in both US and Europe;
• 100 000 000 (100 million!!!) plays at Spotify and over 60 000 000 on YouTube;
• Headline at Liseberg in their home town Gothenburg with over 10 000 visitors;
• Last album, "Massive Addictive" reached #1 on the US Billboard Heatseekers list;
• 2 last albums both reached top 10 status on the Swedish album chart;
• Latest single "Drop Dead Cynical" - is played frequently on the biggest sporting events in the US, such as NHL games, by NFL Super Bowl winners Denver Broncos
• The same single - "Drop Dead Cynical" - spent several weeks at #1 on the US's biggest rock radio station SiriusXM Octane;
• All the singles released have been frequently played on Bandit Rock in Sweden. These have a total play quote of several thousand times;
• During the band's recent appearance at the Sweden Rock it was several thousand more spectators than the specified capacity of about 6000.
• Scheduled to play some of Europe's largest festivals in 2016, such as Graspop, Masters of Rock, Sweden Rock Festival etc, and a Japan tour with Helloween
DOWNLOAD PRESS IMAGES HERE
Elize Ryd - Vocals
Jake E. – Vocals
Henrik Wilhelmsson Englund - Screams
Olof Mörck - Guitar, Keys
Johan Andreassen - Bass
Morten Løwe Sørensen - Drums